This is the last week of our advanced ESL conversation class. Let’s quickly review the class objectives contained in syllabus.
The objectives were:
- expand vocabulary by developing a working knowledge of at least 300 new words
- improve fluency through regular pair work practice
- elevate ability to understand complex issues [click to continue…]
This is the last week of classes for the semester. Let’s do a quick review by starting with the objectives of the class.
FROM THE SYLLABUS
- improve fluency through regular practice and speaking drills [click to continue…]
It is near the end of the school semester and the ESL students are working hard to learn English and prepare for the final exams. [click to continue…]
This is week 12 of the semester. Next week, my ESL students will have an English quiz. Here are some worksheets and questions to help students prepare for the quiz.
Download this vocabulary worksheet. Students show be able to write four answers for each question.
2. Page 53 in the book. Section 8a.
Read the word or word in each question. Write a question and answer. The answer should have two sentences.
- love [click to continue…]
This week, the ESL students will apply the logical thinking skills they have learned so far this semester.
Watch the trailer for An Inconvenient truth.
In this case study, we are going to think critically about globally warming. In particular we will summarize and question a few claims made by Al Gore and in his presentation An Inconvenient Truth. [click to continue…]