So far, we have looked at three critical skills that young people need for the future.
- Be able to adjust to change and uncertainty.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving Skills
- Use different advanced thinking skills (e.g. reasoning, logic, analysis, evaluation, etc.).
- Look at how facts are proven and conclusions are reached, not just what the facts.
Accessing and Analyzing Information
- Be able to find the correct information, synthesize [click to continue…]
These videos can help ESL students improve English speaking skills with jigsaw class activity.
- Pair off students.
- A watches first video while B stands outside the classroom.
- B returns.
- A describes the pilot, setting and characters with as much detail as possible.
- B asks questions. [click to continue…]
Last week, we looked at and completed a couple of exercises related to agility. This week we will investigate two more skills that young people need to succeed in the future.
- Be able to adjust to change and uncertainty. [click to continue…]
Here is a ESL PPT slideshow that teaches students about SCAMPER, an approach to creativity.
Here are the two videos which the English students need to summarize. the summary should include plot, setting, characters and meaning.
Howl ESL Video Lesson
This video was made by two college students.
A Decade ESL Video Lesson
The second video is called A Decade.
ESL Video Lesson Blind
The third video is called Blind.
ESL Video Lesson Nuit Blanche
This video is called Nuit Blanche.