It’s week 10 of the Adult ESL class. Christmas is just around the corner.
ESL Speaking Hour 1
- Dec 12
- Dec 19 last class
Pair Work Warm Up (15)
Choose one of the boxes on the vocabulary worksheet.
- Ask your partner to say the answers.
- Go quickly. Each box should take about 4-5 minutes.
Mini Lecture (10)
Learn about anchoring.
Here is an example. Steve Jobs video: price anchor.
Good example cognitive bias and anchoring used to in retail marketing.
Hour 2 ESL Role Play Game
The Jazz Collector (45)
- introduce role play (10)
- break out into teams and read role cards, complete planning worksheet (10)
- role play (15)
- debrief (10)
Here are the role play cards for the Jazz Collector negotiation game.
- Did you make a deal?
- What price?
- What tools did you use to establish a price when there is no market?
- Did anchors help you in this exercise?
- Did your anchors work to your advantage?
Another A to Z Word List (5)
- Read the clues on the vocabulary worksheet and say the answer.