This week, we will take a closer look at customer service and negotiation.
- This is week 13.
- Next week (14) is review for the final exam.
- Week 15 final exam. Good-bye and good luck.
This Week (5)
Sample questions from Starbucks. (15)
Customer service is a big part of any job these days. How you solve conflict is an important job skill.
Let’s learn a little bit about customer service so that you are well prepared to answer this question during interview. Plus, you can learn a new way to view problems.
- Position versus interest (20)
- An exercise in customer service negotiation (toaster). (20)
- A negotiation in creative problem solving (gas station). (40)
Part 1. Starbucks Interview Questions (15)
This slide show review some actual questions that are asked during a Starbucks interview for a barista.
Part 2. Mini Lecture (10)
- Positions versus interests.
Part 3. Reading Exercise – Apply your knowledge (15)
You are going to read a short story that involves a problem and a solution. The problem is in the story, but the solution is not.
Here is what I want you to do while working with a partner
- Read the story.
- Summarize the key points of the story in negotiation terms.
- Answer the questions at the end of the story.
Part 4. Negotiation Activity (40)
The Texas Oil Role Play Game.
- introduce it (5)
- read role card (10)
- negotiate (10)
- debrief it (5)
- Here are some debrief questions for the Texas Oil Role Play negotiation game.