Learn English Conversation Skills
Here is the plan for this week – the last week of new material – to help ESL students learn English conversation skills:
- return the quiz #2 (Friday class) and check the answers
- review – describing things and people – with like and look like
- various fluency building speaking activities
Last week we learned how to use words/phrases with like and look.
- First, identify which kind of questions they are. (last week we learned four kinds of questions.)
- Second, ask your partner these questions.
- What do you like eating for supper?
- What is Busan like?
- What does your brother or sister look like?
- What is the weather in Busan like?
- Do you like fast food?
- What does your best friend look like?
- Would you like to live in England?
- Which actor or actress do you look like?
- Do you like fruit or vegetables more?
- Which Korean movie do you like?
Look at these pictures and describe them to your partner. Then show the picture to your partner and ask, “Was it a good description?”
We will do three different kinds of conversation activities.
- short sentences with many follow up questions
- fast vocabulary memory
- murder mystery game
The image in this post comes from Alice Popkorn and its use complies with the owner’s creative commons licensing terms.