This is week 14 of the semester. It’s the last week of official classes so it is time to complete the wrap up activities and our English learning.
- Hand back quiz #3 and discuss
- Check final exam schedule – December 16th 10-12?
- Return remaining pieces of writing for feedback
- Write final assignment – before and after assessment
- Friday, some notes about the final exam questions plus return of pre and pst writing
Here are the sample questions for the final exam.
Total score 10 points
My class is going on a trip next week. We’re going to an exhibit called “Dinosaurs: Ancient Fossils, New Discoveries.” The trip is on Monday, and I’m really excited about it. I am the only one in my family who has not seen this exhibit yet. I have always been interested in dinosaurs. I asked my mom if the exhibit has a lot of information about the Tyrannosaurus, but she could not remember. I guess I will have to wait until next week’s trip to find out!
END OF SEMESTER WRITING SAMPLE
This worksheet has one short paragraph. It describes a person’s experience on the subway. The writing gives the reader a good picture of the what we can hear, see and smell in a subway. Read the story. Look closely at the verbs the writer uses to help us understand the place. It is a good example of an old writing rule: don’t tell me about the subway, show me the subway with words. BTW, what are the five human senses?
Now it’s your turn to write. You will write a one paragraph story.
- Choose a place which has many different senses.
- Brainstorm a list of verbs, nouns and adjectives.
- Start writing one paragraph.
- Read, edit and rewrite.