It’s week 3 of the night class. Time for an ESL game.
Discussion Questions About Personality (15)
- What is your best personality trait?
- Do people fall in love with good looks or with a good personality?
- How are male and female personalities different?
- Do countries have personalities? What is the personality of some countries? How about Italy?
- Do you think our birthday (or horoscope) can affect our personality?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- What is your blood type? Do you think blood type can make a different personality?
- How would you describe your personality?
- Whose personality do you like best?
- What do you think are the factors that shape a person’s personality?
Jeopardy game (20)
Play an ESL speaking game.
Shopping Worksheet (10)
Try the puzzle in this English worksheet.
Remembrance Words (10)
Nine letter challenge. How may words can you make with these letters?
Not Done This Class
Review Verb tenses (30)
Here is a good chance to quickly review 6 important verb tenses.
- review slides and examples
- students complete Drill 1
- check a few sentences on the board
- review sample answers on slide
$100 Negotiation Exercise (10)
Explain and perform
Your job will be to:
- retell the story – keep all the best parts (1-2 minutes)
- no reading – remember (but you can read some notes)
- conclude with a message – what can we learn from the story
- the other people in your group will ask at least one question per person
Story Telling (20)
The purpose of this activity is to tell a story with interesting verbs.
You and a partner work together. Look at the pictures and make a story. Make at least 2 sentences for each picture.
Jigsaw. Get a new partner with a different picture. Listen to that story. Ask 5-6 questions. reverse roles and you tell your story. Answer your partner’s questions.
Here are is picture 1 and picture 2.