Sports and Hobbies: play, do or go? Here are a few general rules that will help ESL students learn the grammar and speak well.
- movement; not done all in one place
- go cycling, go skiing, go swimming, go fishing
- in one place
- do body building, do archery, do yoga, do puzzles
- have a moving object like a ball, puck, birdie
- play soccer, play badminton, play football, play ping pong
- guitar, violin, tambourine
Part 2 Pair Work Practice
Here are some speaking prompts to practice making Q and A with play, go or do.
How often do you….?
- Table tennis
- Crossword puzzles
Use of this image complies with the owner’s creative commons license.