Teach English Listening and Speaking
- Focus: speaking, listening and evaluating
- Time: 25-40 minutes
- Level: intermediate and up
This video lesson helps ESL students improve English listening skills, especially for numbers. The ESL video also has a simple but powerful message for students learning English.
Improve Listening Skills
Part 1. Watch and listen to the video. Answer these questions.
- Each day consists of how many seconds?
- What does each second contain?
- What happens in the supermarket?
- What does the man decide to do in a single second?
- Each week consists of how many seconds?
- In the house, what is the couple eating?
- How many seconds are in a month?
- How many seconds are in a year?
Part 2. Pair Work Discussion
- How does the couple’s relationship change?
- What happens at the end of the story?
- What is the main idea of the video? Do you agree or disagree?
- What did you like about the video?
- If you were the director, what might you have changed?
Get the ebook Teach Essential Writing Skills. Transform the quality of EFL student writing by focusing on four essential skills. Click here for details about the ebook that should be part of every writing teacher’s resource library.
Save time. Teach well.
Cut your lesson prep time with this colossal collection of ESL resources that stimulate language learning and critical thinking. Simplify your lesson planning because teaching should be a joy, not a chore.
The image in this post comes from jar [o] and its use complies with the owner’s creative commons licensing terms.