Speed Game is a standard ESL activity. The rules for this fun and fast fluency activity are simple.
- Divide the class into teams.
- One person comes to the front.
- That person has a list of 10 words.
- Student gives hints so team members can guess words.
- 90 second time limit.
- One point for reach correct answer.
Here is a list of words for my ESL class. Most words come from the textbook or the General Service List (GSL). It’s well suited for beginner to intermediate levels. The worksheet is formatted for easy photocopying and cutting.
Download the Speed Game Vocabulary Worksheets here: vocab list-speed game.