This video from National Geographic is about the explorer Christopher Columbus. The questions for this ESL video lesson help to build listening skills by asking students to pay close attention to small words. These words are mostly numbers and dates.
ESL Video Lesson
Listen to and watch the video from National Geographic.
Listening Skills Questions
Watch the video again and answer these questions.
1. In what country was Columbus born?
2. What year was he born in?
3. What did Columbus study when he was young?
4. What did Europeans want from India and China?
5. How many ships did he get from the King and Queen of Spain?
6. In what year did Columbus sail west?
7. On what day did they spot land?
8. Write 2 things Columbus took back to Spain.
9. How many more trips did Columbus make to the Americas?
10. In what year did Columbus die?