This ESL listening exercise has a video from ESPN. This inspirational video lesson teaches English students great vocabulary about competition, and endurance. Read the questions below, or download the activity worksheet here.
BEFORE WATCHING THE ESL VIDEO
Read the keys words for the video listening story. Use a dictionary for the words or phrases you don’t know. To print the activity worksheet, click here: esl-video-lesson-worksheet.
- Who is Jim Tracy?
- How many state championships has he won?
- How much did he run in the past?
- What happened to Jim?
- What did the girls decide to do?
- Where did she finish in the race?
- Why was the last race different?
- What happened to the captain?
- Summarize the story in a few sentences.