Do you believe in UFOs?
This ESL listening lesson explores the idea of aliens and their travels to Earth.
ESL Listening Lessons
The listening lesson begins with a video from History.com called, UFO Sightings: Kenneth Arnold.
First, download the listening worksheet here: ufo-sightings. Check the vocabulary words and phrases. Then watch and listen to the video.
Listening Comprehension Questions
- In the video, what is ‘a sighting’?
- Describe Kenneth Arnold.
- In what US state does this story take place?
- How fast were the objects flying?
- What were the approximate dimensions of the flying objects?
- Did journalists believe Ken’s story?
- What nickname did the newspapers give to the flying objects?
- What happened to Ken after spotting the flying objects?
- The press called him, The man who started it all. Started what?
- Summarize this story.