The mid term exams are over. Now it’s time for my English students to start building ESL listening skills.
This English listening lesson is a video about the New York subway system. Here is the video link.
rush hour, dispatcher, crisis, delay, re-route
- How many people live in New York City?
- Why is the subway important to the people in New York?
- How many people ride the subway every day?
- How many people can ride on one train during rush hour?
- How many subway cars are there?
- How often does the subway run?
- How is math useful for the train system?
- How much time is required to travel between stations? What is the average speed?
- What crisis did we see in the video?
- Describe three changes that happened during the crisis.
Coffee Talk: Coffee and Espresso
Here is a short video that teaches ESL students about coffee.
barista, roasted, blends, grind
- Where is the coffee shop?
- What is the espresso?
- What coffee beans can you use to make espresso?
- What have people usually used to make espresso? What color is this coffee?
- What is the difference between coffee and espresso?
Make French Toast
Here is another HOW TO food video.
beat egg, vanilla, tablespoon, teaspoon, flour, skillet, spatula, whisk
- What’s the first step?
- What’s step two?
- What’s step three?
- How long should you put bread in the mix?
- What’s step five?
- How can you keep the cooked toast warm?
- What can you put on top of the French toast?
- Does it look good?
Friends – Birthday Cake
Here is the first vocabulary worksheet for Friends, the one with a birthday cake.