It’s week 14 of the English writing class. Time to return the quiz.
- review schedule
- return quiz #2
- book report due next class
Week 14 Dec 4 to 7
- Last week week of official classes (Mon to Thurs).
- Friday of this week plus all of next week is the make up period.
- This week: finish last week writing, rewrites, and complete Before and After exercise.
Week 15 Dec 11 to 15
- Make up classes continue on Monday/Tuesday
- Return all writing
- Give feedback on Before and After.
- Review exam questions.
- Thurs/Fri no class. I will be in my office (8am-9:30am) if you have questions.
Week 16 Dec 18 to 12
- Final exam period.
- Let’s have the exam on Mon/Tues.
Return Quiz #2 (10)
- Give back quiz with a few comments.
Korean Food Project (30)
- Finish first draft of food pattern analysis
- Hand in to teacher
Before and After (30)
Complete second part of this activity.
- Watch a video.
- Write a summary of the video story.
- Talk about character, plot and setting.
- Talk about the message of the story.
- Use your best writing skills which include a great first sentence, good organisation and a nice presentation.
- Remember the 6+1 writing traits.
Here are the paragraph editing exercises with looked at this semester.
- Find and fix the mistakes in each paragraph.
- Add paragraphs when required.
- next week last class (Mon/Tues)
- final exam writing test Monday Dec 18 or Tues Dec 19 (12:15 regular class room)
- 50 minute exam
Next week’s class (Mon Dec 11/Tues Dec 12)
- review exam questions
- practice writing answers
- finish class review
- return all remaining papers and book reports
Click here to find worksheets to practice some of the writing skills we learned in this class.