Welcome back to a new and shiny campus. I hope you had a great winter vacation. Refreshed. Ready for another semester of learning and English conversation.
Welcome to the English class. I hope you enjoy your time here. Let’s begin by looking at the syllabus.
KEY VERBS AND PAST TENSE QUESTIONS
This verb worksheet has a list of important verbs that ESL students have to know and use well in basic conversation.
- Look at the verbs.
- Write 3 past tense questions and answers for each verb in your notebook
- Work with your partner (it’s a lot faster and more fun, I think).
SPEAKING ACTIVITY 1
Here is an ESL speaking activity that requires you to speak and think.
- Each partner gets one worksheet.
- Read four words on one line.
- Your partner has to listen and then explain why one word is different.
- Listen. is that answer logical?
- Do you have a different answer?
SPEAKING AND IMAGINATION
This ESL speaking activity and worksheet requires you to use your imagination. Your brain power. And sentences that start with “It looks like …. ”
- Work with a partner.
- Look at a picture.
- Ask your partner, “What does that look like?
- Partner answers (for example) “It looks like an eye. here is the white part of an eye and here is the black part.”
- Ask your partner to explain more.
- Then say your idea.