Learn English Plan, Week 10
This is week 10 of the semester. Here is the plan to help students learn English conversation.
- Check Walk About progress.
- A simple speaking and grammar review exercise, this ESL conversation worksheet helps students review questions and answers with TOO MUCH and TOO MANY.
- From the textbook, Chapter 9 B and C
- Retell a scary story.
- This worksheet has a few public signs. Students read the signs, learn the vocabulary and explain the meaning of the signs.
- Complete a puzzle worksheet about family.
- Pair work – read the clues – a speaking, listening and thinking vocabulary exercise.
- Pair work speaking – hobby and sport verbs go, play, do.
RETELL A SCARY STORY
In this pair work activity, each student will read a one page scary story – either A or B story. In the next class, A and B students will make a small group and retell the story. The purpose is not to memorize the whole story but instead remember the key details -plot character, setting – and mix with his or her own words. And, the scare the other person.
Here is story A: The Death Car
Here is story A: The White Dress
The image in this post comes from Republic of Korea and its use complies with the owner’s creative commons licensing terms.