Welcome to the Business English Class, the place to learn English speaking and writing.
Business English Speaking
Here is the plan for today’s 3 hour class.
BE verb worksheet to look at online.
Hour 1 BE verb
You have to know how to use the BE verb. Very important.
Simple present tense BE verb (5)
- I am, He is, She is, it is, You are , they are, We are
Make a sentence with each of these. For example
- I am a buyer.
- He is tall.
- She is kind.
- It is a large company.
- You are beside me.
- We are busy.
- They are at school.
Pair Work (15)
- Each student makes a sentence with 6 phrases.
- Check some student sentences.
BE Verb Worksheets (25)
- Do BE Verb worksheet from ESL library pair work
- Exercise 1
- Exercise 2
- Jigsaw and check answers. Read, listen and check.
Short conversations (10)
- work with a partner
- look at the pictures
- ask partner questions
- partner answers
Review of Negative Sentence (5)
Negative sentences with BE verbs use NOT
- am not
- He isn’t watching TV.
- They aren’t here.
- I’m not tired.
Speaking Practice (15)
- ask partner question
- partner says answer (yes or no)
- check with class
Making WH Question with BE Verbs (5)
- WH questions
- who, what, where, when, why
- Who is your teacher?
- What are they doing?
- Where is your car?
- When is she coming to class?
- Why are they sleeping?
Pair Work (15)
- worksheet 6
- read the answers
- make questions
- check answer with new partner (ask and answer)
A-B Dialogue (20)
- practice reading a dialogue with partner
- then make a new dialogue (fill in some blanks)
- line up
- ask and answer with partner (2 minutes reading)
- next partner (1.5 minutes reading)
- next partner (1.5 minutes no reading, paper on chest)
Speed game (20)
- play a game with these words that help students learn English
Run and Read (20)
- put the reading text on the wall
- walk to the text
- read a sentence
- come back
- say the sentence
- partner writes the sentences
- winner has fewest mistakes
Odd One Out vocabulary worksheets.