Welcome back to the second Saturday class.
Hours 1 -3
Part 1: Attendance (5)
Part 2: Conversation Practice (15)
- Associations – vocabulary list
Part 3: Textbook (50)
- Unit 3. Slide show with answers
Part 4: Email writing (50)
- look at template requesting information
- in this email the person is requesting information that compares two things
- name different parts
- notice simple structure
- use bullets to ask questions
- close with contact information
Task: compare 2 hybrid cars – Honda Civic and Hyundai Sonata
- write an email asking for information about the 2 cars
- ask about the warranty, number of passengers and purchase cost
Part 5: Conversation Practice (20)
- Daily life – full sentences with adverbs of frequency (pair work A-B)
Part 1: Conversation Practice (20)
- Tell people what to draw – speak and listen
Part 2: Textbook (50)
- Unit 4 slide show with answers
Part 3: Email writing task (50)
review answer template for hotel
- Send answer with information about 2 hybrid cars
- check data sheet
- send formatted email message
Part 4: Conversation Practice (20)
- Association – vocabulary list
Next Week – Final Exam
Part A – Speaking
- a few questions from the worksheet WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE …?
- a few questions from DAILY LIFE
- a few questions from SOMETHING word list
Part B – Sentence writing
Page 4 write simple sentences
- Is it a small room? (no)
- No, it is not a small room.
Page 12 write simple sentences
- How many rooms does the apartment have? (4)
- The apartment has 4 rooms.
Page 14 make sentences with correct verb
- The apartment / have / 2 bedrooms.
- The apartment has 2 bedrooms.
Page 22 sentences with DO questions
- When do the Baronis go shopping? (Saturday)
- The Baronis go shopping every Saturday.
Part C – email writing
Similar to what we did in class.
- write one email with 3 questions asking for information
- write one email with answers to the 3 questions