This ESL video tells English students a story about city water. It’s a listening exercise about the water supply in New York city. The video is the Futures Channel.
Go the the video here: esl-lesson-water.
Water Video Lesson
gallon, facility, reservoir, gravity, elevation, faucets, valve
- How much water does New York city use everyday?
- How far below ground is the water facility?
- Is it longer than a football field?
- How many pipe sections are there?
- How far away is the water supply?
- How much water is in the reservoir?
- How deep is it?
- How long would it take to open one value by hand?
- How long does it take with an electronic system?