This ESL lesson uses a video from History.com to teach English students about the Eiffel Tower.
Watch and listen to the video about the Eiffel Tower.
Here are the listening questions for the Eiffel Tower video lesson. Read the questions below or download the worksheet: esl-eiffel-tower-worksheet.
- Bird’s eye view
- Radio antenna
- What is the nickname of Paris?
- Why was the Eiffel Tower built?
- When did it open?
- How many people visited the tower when it first opened?
- Why was the tower special when it opened?
- Did the people of Paris like the tower when it first opened?
- How long did it take to build?
- How many metal parts are there?
- How many rivets are there?
- How much does it weigh?
- How much did it cost?
- What is the tower’s height?
- What was scheduled for 1909?
- How many annual visitors are there?
- How did the tower get its name?