It’s week 13 of the semester. Time to exchange gifts: you give me a book report and I give you a quiz.
Pair Work Discussion Questions (15)
- An apple costs 40 cents, a persimmon costs 60 cents, and a pomegranate 80 cents. How much does a pear cost?
- Tracy’s mother had 4 children. The first child was named April, the second was named May, the third June. What was the 4th child called?
- How do you know if the light inside the fridge is on or off?
- How many tennis balls can fit inside this classroom?
- If you could invent a new subject that would be taught to all children in school, what would the subject be? Why do you think children need to learn about your subject?
- Are you more like a river, a lake, an ocean, or a waterfall? Why?
Thinking Puzzles (10)
Try some rebus puzzles. Can you guess the answers to the rebus puzzle?
Here is an example:
Word Ladder (10)
Here is another word puzzle worksheet. Start with a word. Move down step on the ladder and change one letter to make a new word. When you finish, you should change one letter to make the last word.
Quiz #2 (5)
The ESL students get your quiz back today
Phrasal Verbs Maze (15)
This pair work exercise starts with a maze. Students move through the maze by matching two parts of a phrasal verb. Students can also complete the fill in the blank worksheet. Finally, each pair of students must make a short dialogue with the matched pairs of phrasal verbs.
Get the phrasal verb worksheet.
Hand in book report (5)
Which one is different? (20)
You and your partner have a paper with some pictures. Are the pictures the same or different?
- You describe a picture with some detail.
- Your partner says if it is the same or different? If differently, how?
- Change roles.
- Talk about all the pictures.
Textbook sound files
- Touchstone online listening files
page 90, #1 (10)
- read while listening
page 91, #3 (10)
- listen and answer questions
page 94, #1 and 2 (10)
- answer questions
Word Puzzles (10)
Here is a word game and puzzle worksheet. It’s about geography.
A Short Story (5)
Read the short story for ESL students. Answer the questions. Solve the problem with negotiating skills.
Pair Work Crossword Puzzle (15)
Here is a reading, think and vocabulary activity.
Work with a partner. Read the clues. Change the hint word to make the answer. Write the answer on the crossword puzzle.
Pig Test (10)
Get a piece of paper. Draw a pig.
Here is the code.