Learn English Conversation Skills
Here is the plan for this week to helps ESL students learn English conversation skills:
- quiz #2 (on Friday)
- describing things and people well with like and look like
- textbook 5, units C and D
ESL Speaking Activity 1: Like and Look Like
Describing things with like and look like is important. But these words and phrases are easy to confuse. This exercise helps ESL students see the errors and correct them.
ESL Speaking Activity 2: Pair Work Discussion
This is a pair work ESL speaking activity. Ask your partner the questions. Concentrate on like and look like uses.
ESL Speaking Activity 3: Talk About Pictures
Look at the pictures (click here to look at the pictures). Talk with your partner and ask a few questions.
- Describe what you see.
- What do the people look like?
- What are the people like, do you think?
- Do you like this picture?
- Why might this picture be famous or interesting?
ESL Speaking Activity 3: What Might Happen?
Look at the picture. Use LOOK LIKE to describe the things that might happen. For example:
- It looks like he might fall down.
- She looks like she might have an accident.
Quiz #2 Review
- vocabulary and key grammar points from textbook chapter 4 (A,B,C,D) especially pages 34, 35, 37, 38 and 39
- chapter 5 (all) especially 44, 45, 47 and 48
- too much, too many
- write a short summary of the main idea of your Walk About presentation
The image in this post comes from Roey Ahram and its use complies with the owner’s creative commons licensing terms.