Learn English Conversation Plan, Week 14
Here is the plan for this week.
- Return and review quiz #2
- Make schedule for final exam – speaking test
- Review final exam questions
- Review vocabulary
- Review syllabus
The final exam will be a speaking test. The purpose of the test is check your ability speak intelligently and fluently while expressing an opinion and your knowledge of vocabulary.
These test questions will help ESL students learn English and prepare for the final exam in four areas:
- critical thinking and persuasion
- cohesive story telling
- vocabulary recall
- effective descriptions and answers to follow up questions
Part 1 Agree or Disagree? (2-3 minutes)
Each student will be given one of these random quotes. The task will be to:
- define the meaning of the quote
- state clearly if you agree or disagree
- explain why with reasons and evidence
You will get one of these quotes:
- After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.
- Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.
- To be happy, we must not be too concerned with others.
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
- The fool thinks he is wise, but the wise man knows he is a fool.
Part 2 Conversation (1 minute)
You will get one of these questions. Talk for 60 seconds (no hesitations) about:
- a book
- a movie
- a TV show
- a news story
- an international food
Part 3 Vocabulary (1 minute)
One of the objectives of this English class was to help students learn 300 new words. Let’s check that. You may have between 4 and 8 words from these lists:
Part 4 Topic Presentation (1 minute)
Summarize your oral presentation (the Walk About). Tell me the main idea and provide specific examples. Be prepared for a few follow up questions.
The image in this post comes from Xavi and its use complies with the owner’s creative commons licensing terms.