Here is a writing activity to help ESL students learn English writing with a whole lot of creativity.
This is a quick writing lesson that helps ESL students learn how to use the definite article in their writing.
First, here are five troublesome areas of writing where ESL students have some trouble using THE properly. These five areas come from the Bedford handbook.
WHEN TO USE THE IN WRITING
PART A Some simple rules.
1. The noun was already mentioned in a previous sentence.
She is a carrying a bag. The bag is yellow.
2. The clause that comes after the noun restricts the noun’s identity.
Please pass me the book on the TV.
Clear Writing with Paraphrased Sources
The purpose of this writing session is to improve your English writing skills by learning how to paraphrase authoritative sources that support an argument.
By the end of this session, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to use 6-8 paraphrasing techniques.
- Accurately paraphrase small passages.
- Seamlessly integrate sources into a short (say 1 to 3 paragraphs) piece of writing.