This is the last week of classes for the semester. Let’s do a quick review by starting with the objectives of the class.
FROM THE SYLLABUS
- improve fluency through regular practice and speaking drills
- expand vocabulary by at least 300 words
- develop a solid of understanding of basic grammar structures – like nouns, verbs and adjectives
- Pair work discussions
- Individual assignments that use the text book and other materials
- Students work, learn and speak together
At the beginning of this course, I mentioned the goal of the class was to develop your English language skills. That means new vocabulary, basic grammar and the ability to speak well about a few topics.
These final exam questions give you the chance to show your English communication skills in these three areas.
EXAM REVIEW QUESTIONS
1. Sports and hobbies
You will have one of these sports: soccer, tennis, ping pong, baseball, basketball, volleyball. Talk for 30 seconds about a sport. Talk about things like:
- Number of players and positions
- Where to play
- Who is the winner?
2. If and Would
You will have one of these questions. Make an answer with 5-7 long sentences
- If you could be a super-hero, which one would you be?
- If you could meet any famous person, who would it be and why?
- If you could be an animal, what animal would you be and why?
- If you could date a celebrity, who would you choose?
Talk for 30 seconds by comparing two things.
- two fast food restaurants
- two countries
- two cities
- two pets
- two books
Talk for 30 seconds about your hero. Talk about things like:
- The person’s name
- When he/she lived
- What did he/do
5. Quick Answers. Tell me four …
You will get 2 or 3 of these questions. Tell me 4 …
- invisible things
- you can’t stand
- dairy products
- things that come in pairs
- things in a jar
- things in a carton
- things that work well upside down
- two syllable verbs
- kinds of Korean food (English words only)
6. ED and ING
You will get 1 or 2 of these words. For each word make two sentences: one with ED and one with ING. Then make 2-3 more sentences to explain why.
Download the exam questions here.