Welcome back to the night class. It’s week 2.
Here is the wolf video.
Tonight’s theme is understanding others how we listen and how we react instinctively without thinking.
Hint Game Pair Work (25)
This slide show teaches you how to play this game.
Here the hint game word list. Get the pdf version.
Reading test (5)
Follow the instructions. Here is the test paper.
Compound Words (15)
The purpose of this activity is to help students learn vocabulary or increase memory recall with a time limited worksheet activity. Get the compound word activity worksheet here.
Cross Cultural Communication (10)
High culture and low culture. Why people using English need details and reasons.
Which One is Better? (20)
This activity helps precise communication, which is adapting to low context culture.
- What to do: Make a question and ask your partner to choose one and explain why it is better.
How to describe which is better?
- think about cost, quantity, quality, taste, health, comfort, atmosphere, meaning
- cats or dogs
- winter or summer
- ice cream or sulbing
- books or computers
- rice or bread
- McDonald’s or Lotteria
- pizza or sandwich
- spicy rice cake or pajeon
- coffee or green tea
- up or down
Your homework is to read a short story.
During the 3rd hour of our class, we will make small groups. Each person will have a different story.
Your job will be to:
- retell the story – keep all the best parts (1-2 minutes)
- no reading – remember (but you can read some notes)
- conclude with a message – what can we learn from the story
- the other people in your group will ask at least one question per person
Here are the reading stories for this ESL speaking activity.
Pair Work Vocabulary (20)
Pair work vocabulary. Learn the words for everyday objects. Do boxes A-3 and A-4.
Sound and Sort (15)
This is a sorting puzzle that requires students to discover how 30 words can be divided into three groups based on sounds. Then they must put the words into the correct groups.
Here is a second list.
Describing Things in Detail (15)
Picture dictation. Describe pictures. Your partner listens and draws exactly we you say. Key point: speak in detail with good prepositions.