Welcome to the class. This class will help you learn English speaking skills.
ESL Class Introduction
Today is an introduction class. It is 50 minutes.
The class has several objectives:
- learn 100 to 200 words
- improve listening and speaking skills
- learn a few negotiation skills
In class, you will do lots of speaking activities. I will not speak very much. This is your chance to practice speaking and listening to other people.
The class has 4 parts:
- Video part 1: textbook (e.g. reading, listening, short stories, dictation, a little grammar)
- Video part 2: communication skills that help you get more information from customers
- Video part 3: negotiation skills (9 tactics such as a plan to get the best price when you buy something)
- Classroom: practice speaking skills, a little writing
This is how your final score will be calculated.
- midterm exam speaking test: 30%
- final exam speaking test: 30%
- attendance: 20%
- participation: 20%
You should have the book by now. It is called Business Plus Student Book 1. Here is a link for the audio files: book audio files.
Today’s English Lesson
Quick Hi (5)
- What is your name?
- What is your favorite movie?
- Do you have a nickname?
5 x 5 Activity (20)
Here is a grid example.
- Where do you work?
- What do you do?
- What are your hobbies?
- What is your favorite food?
30 verbs (15)
We can practice making questions and saying short answers with these important verbs: 30 verbs worksheet.
Here are some example questions:
- present tense with WHAT
- present tense with CAN
- present tense with DO
- past tense with DID
- What do you like to eat?
- What do you like to drink?
- What do you like to read?
- Can you drive a car?
- Can you speak English?
- Can you play soccer?
- What did you do yesterday?
- What did you watch yesterday?
- What did you cook yesterday?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you like to play any sports?
- Do you like to study?