Welcome to the writing class, fall 2018.
- Get a quick review of the words and phrases we need to know when writing and giving feedback.
Quick review of syllabus (10)
Before and After (35).
- We can measure writing improvement. A one-semester writing activity that allows teachers and students to see proof of improvement without using a test.
Think you know compound words?
- Try this vocabulary worksheet and test your English knowledge.
Here is the first long writing assignment of the class. (40)
Homework – read this short story: Death by Scrabble.
Next class be ready to:
- describe basic plot
- describe how the story builds slowly
- give two examples of of how the writer uses mystery to create interest
- say if like the story??
- Silent, free writing (10)
- Thoughts about writing. (15)
- The First Sentence A three-part writing lesson that shows students different ways to open a story with a creative first sentence.
- Here are the picture prompts.
- Finish writing first draft of Creative Story (based on one picture, write an interesting first sentence)
- Nothing to do? Try some an editing exercise– question #1). Get the answers on this Learn English Writing worksheet.
Extra Vocabulary Worksheets
This vocabulary worksheet has some word exercise and logic puzzles.