It’s week 2 of the semester. Time to get busy.
ESL Speaking Class Overview
By the end of this week, you should:
- be signed up for the online listening lessons
- have a reading book and start reading
Hint Game Pair Work (20)
Thus slide show teaches you how to play this game.
Here the hint game word list. Get the pdf version.
Move Across the River (10)
This ESL speaking activity has several parts.
- Put the pictures in order (i.e. what is first, second and so on).
- With your partner, make a speaking story and tell the story. Use the present simple tense. And, be sure to use the articles A and THE properly.
- Finally, say the story.
Odd Notes (5)
Here is some information about the course:
- Rob’s office hours (MON 12-2PM, TUES 1-2, THURS 1-2, AND MON-THURS 8-8:30am) and email address
- book report: hand writing or printer?
- book report due date is the last class of week 5
Sign Up for Listening Lessons (15)
You need to complete some listening activities for this class. This work will be done outside the class.
- Go to this website.
- Sign up as a USER (user name, student ID number, password)
- Register for the listening course: Skills Builder 1 Course.
- Enroll in course with password (Robclass06 or Robclass07)
- Finish the pre-test lesson this week.
Unit 7 Vocabulary (15)
Define these words and phrases with your partner. Use a dictionary if required.
- circle of friends
- phrasal verb
- a hedge (to hedge)
- go through a lot together
- college (US vs Canada meaning)
- hot right now
- I met him through a friend
- clean freak
Page 66 (10)
- read first
- listen alone – page 66 Lesson A
- answer questions in C
Review clauses (10)
What is a relative clause? A quick review. (10)
page 67 #2a (10)
- quick review of grammar
- make sentences with relative clauses
page 67 #3 (10)
- pair work discussion
- make long answers with relative clauses
- for example:
- I have some friends that I occasionally contact.
- I have a couple of friends that live exciting lives.
ESL Speaking Hour 3
listening page 68 (15)
- then read
- then put the story in order
- part b verbs
verbs 69 (15)
- phrasal verbs
- read pink box
- answer questions in A
Vocabulary in Review (10)
Look at the pics. What word or phrase is in the picture?