This Friday we will start the first of a few lessons to improve your critical thinking.
Conversation and Critical Thinking Lessons
- Week 1: Arguments
- Week 2: Fallacies of Relevance
- Week 3: Fallacies of Insufficient Evidence
- Week 4: Analogies and Review
- Week 5: Case Study
- Week 6: Critical Thinking Test
This Week’s Lessons
Today we begin a series of lessons that will help you think and speak more clearly, logically and precisely.
This is the beginning of our lesson on critical thinking.
- The first step in that learning is to understand arguments.
- The second step for today is to understand the difference between facts and inferences.
Inference and Facts
Here is a quick exercise to understand inferences. Look at this photo.
Read these statements and mark, true, false or can’t answer.
- This is graduation day for the Thomas family.
- The father is proud of his son.
- The sister looks up to her brother.
- This is a prosperous family.
- The son has just graduated from law school.