Every ESL writing teacher worth their salt wants to be a guiding force that helps students write clearly and think critically.
But, who has time to prepare those lessons?
Well, that’s what makes this ebook unique. The lesson planning has been done, so you can get on with the task of helping your students become articulate and insightful communicators.
20 lessons presented in two sections
1: LEARN TO WRITE
Inspired by the 6+1 Writing Traits, this section builds a raft of composition skills.
- improve style with easy to learn tricks
- create detail-rich passages with a simple strategy to identify information gaps
- nurture the creative spirit with imaginative story ideas, multi media prompts and plenty of scaffolding
2: WRITE TO LEARN
As a critical thinking primer, this section marshals the language of arguments and ideas.
- craft arguments with a simple sentence pattern
- get the building blocks of ideas by writing about inferences, analogies, correlations, causation and trend data
- take on some of life’s big questions
Click HERE to open a pdf file with a 14-page sample. It includes:
- the intro
- a creative writing lesson
- a critical thinking lesson which asks students to analyze an analogy
About the Author
He works at a university where his course load typically includes English composition and conversation classes. Occasionally, he teaches an eclectic mix of content courses like teaching methodology, cross cultural communication and political science.
In his free time, Rob runs a small ebook publishing house that develops classroom resources for ESL teachers and occasionally writes about Korean travel and food for Lonely Planet.