This ESL writing worksheet teaches English students how to write a profile of one country. There are three important tasks in this writing lesson.
- Learn the vocabulary used to describe a country by completing the worksheet.
- Choose a country for your report. Go to the web and research your country.
- Write a one page report using the same ideas and vocabulary.
Here is the worksheet we will use for this writing lesson.
ESL Research Resources
You can save a lot of research time by going to the CIA Word Factbook website. Choose a country and then find your information.
Note: every student in the class must choose a different country.
Your final report should be about one country. You will give me that report one week later. There are two key points for this writing assignment.
I want you to show me that you learned and understand the ideas we talked about in class about paragraph style and sentences.
- First, the paragraphs in your report will have a good topic sentence, good organization and unity.
- Second, you will use the writing tools which we studied in class.
- Third, you will write the report in your words. Please do not copy and paste words and sentences from the website. This is really important. I want you to write your ideas. If you copy other people’s work, I will know. And you will get a zero.
Your grade will be based on these three report format parts.